Updated May 26, 2016
We take your privacy very seriously. As a donor submitting personally identifying information (“Personal Information”) to us or any of our staff, you consent to our processing and use of Personal Information for the purposes stated below and to the terms and conditions of this policy. This policy applies to all information received by Tan’s Treats, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. The following list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by Tan’s Treats. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us via email or when you otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event. We also collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, through any third party website which we use to receive donations (e.g. PayPal, etc.), at a special event, over the phone or by mailing in a check. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We do not rent or exchange lists we maintain that may include your Personal Information, collected on the website or through any other activities, with other third parties. We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use the personal information in an attempt to protect against potential fraudulent activity. We may verify the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donations with third parties. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing.