Tips for a successful Food Drive
- Advertise/Market the food drive for a minimum of 1 week
- Decide which way will work best for your location
- Either market a designated day/time to collect all the food at once (Example: market all food to be collected Saturday from 2-4pm & give the location) or;
- Collect the food over the dates you choose (Example: bring food donations and drop off anytime between the 1st & 15th of the month in specified location)
- Hang flyers with food list in a very visible place
- Often times, when the food list is as extensive as ours is it is better to just pick 2 items to collect so that when people are out shopping it is easier for them to remember which items are needed.