As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure that we are able to fully and safely serve the needs of the food-insecure children and families in our community. Coping with this pandemic will strain us all but these hardships will be even more challenging for families who have children who will miss out on school meals; who work for hourly wages they cannot earn; and who do not have the resources to stock up on food or supplies.
During this period of uncertainty our delivery process has been structured to reduce and almost completely eliminate contact with other individuals, especially large groups. The pick up and delivery processes have been modified with safeguards in place to ensure the safety of our volunteers and the food-insecure families we serve.
We understand that some might still be uncomfortable participating and we will not ask our volunteers to do anything that we feel is unsafe or that they are uncomfortable doing.
Tan’s Treats COVID-19 Bag Delivery Process:
- Bins of bags are prepped for each school individually and placed on a shelf designated for that school.
- This process is not completed by large groups. It is currently being completed by one individual.
- Each bin is individually sanitized during this process.
- Each delivery volunteer is given an entry code to our warehouse so they can enter at their convenience and retrieve their school’s bins while avoiding direct contact with any other individuals.
- Hand sanitizer and hand soap are available at the warehouse.
- Upon arrival at the school the volunteer will simply take the bins inside and leave them in the office.
- Each school is currently only staffed by teachers and a few counselors who will be tasked with coordinating delivery of the bags to the students.
With this plan our volunteers will have no direct contact with any other individuals at our warehouse and will be able to maintain a safe distance from any of the few school employees during delivery.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us via the form below.